Welcome to your Medical Home!
A Medical Home, also known as a patient-centered medical home, is a team-based health care delivery model that provides evidence based, comprehensive care within a Primary Care setting. This model of care facilitates partnerships between patients, providers, medical staff, and families. Our goal is to provide you with well-rounded and coordinated care that preserves the health and dignity of our community regardless of financial status. Here at Wiscasset Family Medicine, you and your health are the primary focus of our Medical Home Team.
As your medical home team, we will:
- Learn about you, your family, life situation and health care goals and preferences.
- Encourage you to play an active part in your own health care.
- Listen to you and help answer health questions you may have.
- Treat your short and long-term illnesses.
- Promote and offer health prevention services.
- Coordinate your care with other healthcare providers and services.
- Be available to you during and after business hours. The number to be connected to an on call provider for urgent issues after business hours is 207-882-1056.
- Give you resources to help you manage your health conditions and help you make good medical decisions.
- Provide evidence based care with a focus on quality and safety.
- Keep you up-to-date on all your vaccines and preventive screening tests.
- Communicate clearly with you so you understand your condition(s) and all your options.
- Provide you with referrals to address your behavioral or oral needs as needed.
- Provide equal access for all patients regardless of healthcare coverage.
What is your role on the team?
- See your health care team regularly and make health decisions about your daily habits and lifestyle.
- Keep scheduled appointment or cancel/reschedule if you are not able to come.
- Come to each visit with updates on medications, dietary supplements or other remedies you are using.
- Give correct and complete information about your health status and health history.
- Ask questions about your condition and medications, let us know when you do not understand something.
- Prepare for your appointment by getting any scheduled lab work or tests done so we can review results with you at your visit when possible.
- Follow the plan of care we create for you with you input, or; inform your caregivers if you do not intend to, or cannot follow the treatment plan.
- Take your medications as prescribed.
- Pay your share of any fees or make arrangements to meet the financial obligations arising from your care.
- Give us feedback to improve our care for you.
- Let us know if you have received care from other providers so we can obtain the proper records.
- Let other medical providers/facilities and insurers know that we are your primary care provider.